Monday, July 28, 2014

Focus on Goals

It's Monday again, which means time to refocus again.  

We are all encouraged to set a goal when setting out to lose weight.  I have always related my goals to clothes, and set goals like fitting into a certain outfit for a special occasion or bathing suit for the summer.  When I would consider a "cheat" meal, or skipping a workout, I would consider the consequences of these actions.  In those circumstances, the consequence would be not fitting into the planned outfit.  Most times, that was not enough to keep me on track. 

This time around I am trying to really focus on my health and overall quality of life.  I want a healthier lifestyle, I want to just feel better.  More energy, less sluggish.  So when I consider throwing out my packed lunch in favor of fast food I think about the consequences.  I know that if I eat a huge processed meal I will spend the rest of my day feeling lazy, sluggish, and tired.  I will have a hard time focusing on my work, and may even skip my workout that day.  

I have been having trouble lately with eating things that will not help me reach my goal.  So I am trying to keep focused and remember what I am trying to achieve.  A happy, healthy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment